in memory

I've started this blog because I know how hard it is to scrap LOs
about lost loved ones; they're hard to do and they're hard to show people.

There isn't a lot of inspiration in the scrapping world when it comes to grief and loss.
I hope other scrappers will come here and find inspiration, or leave it for others.

PLEASE BE WARNED that some pictures or posts on this blog may be upsetting or confrontational.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

angel

Please be warned. The LO that follows may be distressing. Look away NOW if you need to....

.....

......

.......

........

.........














This is one of the three photos that were taken at the hospital after Levi died. The sister on duty insisted on getting the camera out and taking them, and thank God she did, because in WA that was no longer standard practice at the Coroners' Office, AND every photo I had taken of him up till this point was lost due to a faulty camera. So this is all I have to remind me of how he looked at almost 7 weeks of age.

I had no idea how to scrap these photos. My style is very simple and I wanted the photos to be the centre of attention. Sometimes I think they look a little stark -- but hell, it was a pretty stark kind of day, you know?

14 comments:

  1. I think this layout is perfect, an absolute lovely tribute. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, it must be hard to lose a child. Hug from Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh... The angle is looking cute... Yep, it's very simple, but touching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so sorry for your loss. You have done a lovely tribute here - just perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This album must be so very difficult for you to do but so very compelling at the same time. I congratulate you on your ability to deal with the emotions that must overwhelm you. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect just the way its is. Levi is just as perfect and looks so peaceful. Feeling no pain. Rest peacefully little one and mummy, my thoughts are with you, I hope the hurt lessens and the special moments/memories become brighter.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sure is a handsome one. You did a beautiful job with this layout. The simplicity makes it so strong.

    Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. The layout is beautiful though it does break my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you all, for the kind words. Each comment means a lot to me, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness... I called in to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog.... But, I am in tears now... what an absolute beautiful layout.. You have been through so much, my heart goes out to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The page is perfect. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors